The Chamber encourages all businesses to take steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your workplace. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is the best source of information on this virus. Visit this page for specific guidance for businesses and employers.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce Coronavirus Toolkit:
Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives Resources: The Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives has put together a series of resources for business in dealing with the impact of COVID-19. These include reources for preparing and responding to coronavirus, Best Practices, and templates for communicating with your customers and employees. Click here for the ACCE Resource Page.
SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans offer up to $2 million in assistance for a small business. These loans can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing. Click the links for more information.
Helpful Tips to be Proactive:
- Restaurants and stores are adding or expanding delivery services – inviting customers to order by phone or email; orders are delivered curbside or to the home or office
- Some gas stations are offering to pump gas for customers or will provide plastic gloves for customers who pump their own gas
- Stores have implemented more frequent cleaning and sanitizing procedures – paying particular attention to things that are touched frequently such as door handles, PIN pads at checkout counters, menus and shopping carts and baskets
- Some restaurants and grocery stores have stepped up to provide free meals for students, out of concern for school children who may not get a hot meal while schools are closed for deep cleaning
- Frontline retail employees are dealing with an influx of customers and in many cases, employers have reduced store hours to make sure their employees get sufficient rest and to allow for cleaning and restocking shelves
- Many restaurants are removing condiments from tables, and providing individual packets to customers